I have a checklist of things I try to do every day. One of the tasks on that list is to make a list of 10 things. James Altucher convinced me of the value and Claudia Azula Altucher’s book, Become An Idea Machine: Because Ideas Are The Currency Of The 21st Century, gave me a framework.
Today’s prompt was to write down my favorite books of all time, and one thing I learned from each:
- Checklist Manifesto If I can’t break it down into a checklist, I don’t understand it.
- Seven Story Mountain Discovery is a long journey, and you can’t skip the hard parts.
- The Bible Humans struggle to love, but it is worth trying.
- (Manifesto) Angst creates beauty.
- Letters to a Young Poet Create – but only, and especially, if you can’t not create.
- My Struggle (series) The angels are in the details.
- The Go-Giver The easiest way to increase value is to create value.
- Tribal Leadership Converting people from me focused to we focused can change businesses.
- Community: The Structure of Belonging Communities are living organisms with their own lifecycle of birth, consumption, creation, and death.
- A Pattern Language Architecture is primarily about using things to create space.
I would love to see your list.
Photo by Eli Francis