Maybe it’s the heat?
Maybe it’s because there is no big scandal?
Maybe? I don’t know.
Everyone is slowing down.
Not much is going on.
Maybe everyone is coasting before the time trials in the mountains tomorrow?
I should ride my bike.
I should write my life.
I should get a job.
I should do all the ones I already have.
I did not get the call to Woodbury lutheran.
I found out during the week I was up at the cabin. That’s not a bad thing, in fact it is a good thing. It gave me plenty of time to think things through. It gave my wife and I some time to think about what’s next. We didn’t come up with the answer, or any answers for that matter. But we both know that something is next… we’re headed somewhere. We just didn’t get the map, or something. I need a GPS unit for my life or something… a little OnStar(tm) button on the middle of my forehead.
The good news is that I am feeling very focused and settled in my relationship with God, and by settled I mean out of control. Out of my control, and in His control. Great for me, not so good for others who depend on me to pay bills or have a 5 year plan. I don’t know how Kim stays married to me. (I guess she did make a promise though).
Things to do:
– Build something
– Learn PHP/MySQL
– Commit some preventative maintenance against my 100,248 mile Saturn SL-2
– Record my music
– Play a bar, a coffee house, a church, and a corner
– Write some semblance of a book, memoir, essay, something
– Get some thoughts out of my head and into the hands of people who can do something with them
– Go back to school
– Become a pastor
– Draw something and sell it
– reDesign my blog
– Write a program
– Talk to some people I haven’t
– Buy cruise tickets for my wife
– Laugh at 3 in the morning because I’m playing tag
– Cry because so many people are dying and don’t know Jesus