Read more of David Welsford’s story and watch the 8 minute documentary at twentyeightfeet.com
This film struck me in a number of ways:
- All of us deserve to pursue our passions in life, wherever they take us. And we might not even know the destination yet.
- Focus is dynamic. I don’t know about you, but I tend to always think of focus, as “staying” focused on a specific thing. But, watching this film, there is a nice reminder that in cinematography and in life, focus is dynamic. Yes, sometimes focus is about a sharp focus on a small thing. But, sometimes focus is also zooming out and focusing on the horizon and the “whole picture”. And, within a matter of seconds, our focus can shift to different things. Storytelling… even life… is about shifting our focus on what is most important.
- I cannot wait to go sailing. This is something that Kim and I have both talked about for years and years as a desire. But, we have not explored it yet. How can we have a passion that we continue to leave unexplored?
- Appreciate the little things.
- I, too, like to build forts.